Membership

Annual membership  £12  Visitors £3 per meeting

Recent Posts

Bell House – A Histon House through Time

By Eleanor Whitehead

Part One – origins

It is believed that the Church Street area of Histon, known as Church End, has been a centre of settlement for over a thousand years. Bell House stands proudly at the top of Bell Hill at the junction with Church St, in Church End, Histon. This timber framed cottage was originally built as a lobby entry cottage during the Elizabethan era. From the appearance of the timber frame it may well have been built with three bays. Built on a much larger plot than today, it was once a dominant building in this part of the village in its heyday.

To read the full article please look under the heritage bulletin tag on our menu

  1. Lucas Smith Comments Off on Lucas Smith
  2. The Merrington and Christmas families Comments Off on The Merrington and Christmas families
  3. Station and Cambridge Roads, Impington Comments Off on Station and Cambridge Roads, Impington
  4. Histon and St Etheldreda Comments Off on Histon and St Etheldreda
  5. Comments Off on
  6. 1897 Celebrating Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee Comments Off on 1897 Celebrating Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee
  7. Heritage Bulletin Comments Off on Heritage Bulletin
  8. Stone Corner Cottage Heritage Comments Off on Stone Corner Cottage Heritage
  9. Sutton Hoo Comments Off on Sutton Hoo